I read recently that “a short pencil is better than a long memory”, and that rings true to me. It seems that I’ve read a dozen books on the positive effect of writing things down. I’ve seen the result over and over in my life and the lives of others. Jotting down your goals alerts that part of your brain known as the reticular activating system(RAS). You’ve probably heard of it.
Writing your lists create very positive results, so what have you got to lose, grab a short pencil and start today!
Here are a few recommended books on creating success by writing things down:
- It works! – RJH (you can find this on the internet for free)
- As A Man Thinketh – James Allen
- Think and Grow Rich – Napolean Hill
- The Magic of Thinking Big – David J Schwartz, PhD
- The Power of Focus – Canfield, Hanson, Hewitt
- Success Principles – Jack Canfield
- Write it Down, Make it Happen – Henriette Anne Klauser
- The Master Key System – Charles F Haanel
- Getting Things Done – David Allen
- The Energy Bus – John Gordon
- Little Platinum Book of Cha-Ching – Jeffrey Gitomer
- Finding My Why, Ernies Journey….A Tale for Seekers – Given, Greeson (shameless, isn’t it!)