I’m a fan of Brian Tracy and he wrote a very generous endorsement of my Trust Based series of books.
Several years ago, Brian shared his thoughts about what he believes are the 7 Qualities of Leadership.
Here’s what he believes every leader should possess:
1. Vision = a leader has strategic intent and purpose
2. Courage = a leader just goes for it
3. Integrity = a leader is honest and builds trust at all costs
4. Commitment = a leader is “all in”
5. Responsible = a leader never blames but accepts responsibility
6. Concentration = a leader is focused and has good habits
7. Excellence = a leader recognizes that “good enough” rarely is
If I had read these thoughts prior to writing my book Trust Based Leadership – Proven ways to Stop Managing and Start Leading, I would have included his thoughts.
I believe Brian is right…if we only had more leaders today that met these qualities.
And...You and I need all of them too!
Smiles, have a GREAT week and Keep Building Trust...Mark
P.S. My speaking calendar is filling up quickly for the fall and winter, but I still have some available dates. If your organization, company or group is looking for a high energy and interactive program on building and maintaining TRUST in sales, leadership, networking or success, shoot me an email or give me a call. It is always my pleasure to serve!!