If you know me well or have been reading my messages for a while you know that Gigi (my lovely bride of 40 years) and I have 5 grown children and 6 grand children.
We’ve lived our entire adult lives trying faithfully to serve our family and provide a healthy and happy life for them.
And with that effort has come hundreds of requests for loving assistance from our gaggle of a family (I mean that in a humorous and good way).
So here’s one of the many things I have learned…..If you want something you have to ask for it!
Jack Canfield wrote about this very same principle a while back and here are his 5 tips for getting started on getting what you want;
1. Ask as though you actually expect to get it.
2. Assume you can. Don’t start with the assumption that you
can’t get what you want.
3. Ask someone who can give it to you or at least help you get it.
4. Be specific about what you want. Vague requests produce vague results.
5. Ask repeatedly but not obnoxiously. Persistence is a key principle to success.
I love the clarity of Jack’s simple process.
Decide what you want, then ask for it.
How about try it today……why not right now! You might just get it……
Smiles, have a GREAT week and Keep on Seeking……Mark
P.S. I still have some open speaking dates this fall and winter so I’m available and I’m asking!……if you have a need or a connection with any sales or service based company, association or group that is in need of a keynote, breakout session or motivation for their event or program, please reach out to me or pass my name along! I promise to make you glad you did…….smiles!!!!!!