No one is immune to them.
Sometimes…they come when we least need them.
And if you’re like me, you’d rather live without them…so…
What to do?
Here's my advice and 5 Ways To Help Overcome Adversity:
1. Have confidence that it won’t last = look back on your life. I’d wager nearly every trial you've had was just temporary…hang in there and you’ll figure out some solution that makes things better.
2. Try to keep a positive perspective = others have made it through it and YOU can too.
3. Schedule action = avoidance will only cause more suffering so any step forward will likely help ease your pain.
4. Ask for help = there is always some one that is skilled in your particular trial or at least some one who loves you enough to coach you off the ledge.
5. Honor the struggle = I get annoyed when someone says they are thankful for their trials (what’s wrong with them), but the truth is…trials are part of normal mortal growth. We don’t get better or smarter until we’re stretched. Stretching hurts, but it’s ultimately good for us!
I hope that helps a little and I hope you know I’m rooting for you if you are struggling with a trial right now…today!
Hang in there…I’ve never known things to not get better with some focus and time.
Smiles, have a GREAT week and Keep Building TRUST...Mark